Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Nature calls.....

Area: Hilo, Keaukaha Area
Companion: Elder Griffiths

Hello Madre how are you??  How's is everything?  That's awesome. Thanks for all of the support that you guys give me. Love you guys.

This week has been pretty awesome.  We went to Waimea for Zone Conference and that was sweet. I went on exchanges with Elder Niemann on Tuesday and it was pretty fun.   It's weird having my trainer as my Zone Leader.    The Zone Leaders live just down the road too....like not even a mile away.   We were teaching this lady at a halfway house and teaching the plan salvation to her and in the middle of the lesson, I had to go to the bathroom so bad!  So I was forced to stop in the middle of the lesson and ask if I could use their bathroom.   Elder Niemann thought it was pretty funny,  but ohhh man I had to go soooo bad.   I drank a little bit to much orange juice.

"T" the guy that were working with{the guy that jacked up his leg} got arrested in Kona. For driving without a license, without insurance and his windows were too tinted and his kids were not in seat belts.  So they got him out and made him walk on his broken leg without his crutches. He actually called us while he was in jail as he was getting in an argument with a girl officer and he called us so that we could teach the gospel to her and make her quite. Then we talked with "T" on Sunday and talked about how he almost died that morning because he was spitting up acid through his nose and his mouth. ........at least he said he was going to die.  A lot of stuff has happened to him lately. We just told him to keep on praying and reading the scriptures and that these bad things are happening because Satan is trying his best to get him not come to church and all that.   We're teaching a bunch of thugs right now, but "T's" a good guy, he's becoming more open with us.

Oh ya and Mom I need a side bag pretty quick here.   Thanks for the letter and stuff.

I would say that were getting to know the ward very well and I feel like they really like us a lot.  Griffiths and I taught Elders Quorum.  It was on leadership and why we are called to leadership positions and stuff like that.  I'm thankful that I get to be here in Hawaii and here in Keaukaha.   You can find both extremes on Sunday though, haha, because you go to church and get all sanctified and then we have to ride by the beach and see a bunch of girls in bikinis. I don't think I have gone a single day without seeing a girl in a bikini haha. I cant really think of much else that happened, but i love you guys I got to go!

Love Elder Shoemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment