Monday, November 17, 2014

Two Elders, Two Wards

Area: Waipiolani and Mililani Ward, Oahu
Companion: Elder Goodman

Hey hows it going people! So last week I was in a tri-panionship, but right after I had emailed you guys we got called from President Warner and then Elder Gee was transferred to Maui.  So now I'm companions with Elder Goodman and we cover both Waipiolani ward and Mililani 2nd ward.   It's been pretty fun to do that.  Just an extra ward to juggle now. 2 sacrament meetings 2 ward councils in the morning every Sunday! ... all that kinda stuff. Its been pretty interesting with both wards as we keep pretty busy we just have to coordinate all of the things that happen a little bit better so it all works. Elder Goodman is from Gilbert Arizona hes been out like 19 months or something like that. He's a pretty cool guy. 

We went to Pearl Harbor again this last Wednesday to do service. I forgot my camera, but its ok I've been there plenty of times.  This morning we went fishing with some of the other elders at some small lake. Some of the other elders caught catfish and stuff. I didn't catch anything though. It's all good.  Then we went and played rugby and I left my shoes in another elders car so I just played bare foot. I was pretty dirty after that. 

The only problem with the Mililani 2nd Elders pad that I'm living in now is that they have cockroaches!  I friggen hate those things. 

The Kaaiawaawa family said that they would come to church this last Sunday but we were there and they never came.  Also I visited the Davis family with our Bishop, Bishop Goo, they said that they were going to come to church as well but  we were there and they didn't show up.  Its ok its not that big of a deal. I know that they will come to church sometime in the future. 

.......And mom you don't have to be worrying about me. I'm fine! 

O ya, we're teaching this one kid named Kai.  He's a little Vietnamese kid that 9 years old.  He has ADHD and tourettes.  Man kids now a days cant get away from there friggen iPads and all that kinda of stuff.  its really hard to teach him. 

I kinda need to go soon, but the scripture that I really liked this week was Ether 12:27.  I use that scripture at one of our lessons this week.  I always liked that scripture.  

Ok well you guys have a good week!

Love Elder Shoemaker 

No comments:

Post a Comment