Monday, October 7, 2013

Transfer to "The Garden Isle" -- Kaua'i

Area: Hilo, Keaukaha Area
Companion: Elder Griffiths

Hey Momma and Dadda. Things are going just great here, thanks for the package that you sent Grandma and the side bag that you sent Mom, works just great. Conference was good, I really enjoyed it...even though my rear-end was trying to fall asleep the entire time. We just watched it at the stake center which is right next to our house. I really liked the Priesthood Session, Randy D Funk. If I remember right he gave a talk that was kinda directed towards missionary work. He said we must be broken before we can be made whole. ....and I always like it when Henry B Eyring talks. Its was just all around a wholesome experience, except when we had wake up at like 5:30 am to watch conference because of the time difference.

This week we had the opportunity  to teach "T" twice. The first time he talked about how he actually levitated while he was working on one of his customers cars.  Elder Griffiths and I didn't really know how to react to what he said, but it was pretty cool. Then he was talking about how his daughter needed a back pack and she said that her God friend was going to help her and then Uncle Tweetie stopped by later that day and droped off a back pack for her. It was pretty cool.

O yea and the other day a homeless guy came by and he was pretty high. He asked if we had any WD40 and we said we didn't. But oh man......he asked us to through away a used doobie. So we had some Pakalolo in our garbage for a little while, smells kinda like a skunk.

O yea its a transfer week as well! So that means I'm getting TRANSFERRED!!  So...... goodbye Keaukaha and Hello Kekaha! I'm going to Kaua'i! I got freaking lucky! I'll be off island (O'ahu) for an entire year maybe even more. Which is really lucky. Kaua'i is the smallest zone in the mission.  I'm next to the ocean again.  I'm leaving Elder Griffiths and getting a companion called Elder Fowels or something like that.

Thank you for all that you guys do! O yea I get a car! I love you guys! cya later!

Love, Elder Tanner Shoemaker

ps.  My camera broke!


No comments:

Post a Comment