Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Off to Oahu!!!

Area: Kekaha, Kaua'i
Companion: Elder Vaitaki

So it sounds like you guys are doing great. Well this last week was pretty awesome, but the crappy thing is that I'm going to be transferred.  I really really kinda don't want to go, but man I guess that I have too.   I'm kinda a little scared because I'm being transferred to the city.   I have been in the country my entire mission and I'm not sure if I'll be used to it at first.  I'm being transferred to the Moanalua 1st ward (or something like that) in the Honolulu West Zone.   It's on the island of Oahu.  I have really grown to love the people here in Kekaha.   They sang Aloha 'oe to me this last Sunday and then afterward the everyone came up to me and gave me hugs . Some people were crying mann.   However, I feel pretty accomplished for what I have done here.  Since I've been here I have been pretty instrumental in the reactivation of the Naholoholo family and that is due to the baptizing of those kids.  Now most of the family come to church regularly and the Mom was just called into the Young Women's Presidency.



Moanalua Area looks to be right outside of Honolulu, near the famous Diamond Head Crater Hike.   We'll have to get the exact location from Elder Shoemaker next week.



The baptism on Saturday went very well.  Kam'lin was pretty excited and it was just awesome!!!!



My district and the others is our zone.  We only have 2 districts in the Kauai zone.


 That is Elder Vaitaki.  I'm gonna miss him big time.


O ya and thanks for the valentines box that you sent it was just delightful!  I am still a little bit overwhelmed with that fact that I don't want to leave.  The last 4 1/2 months have been great.  I'm leaving the quiet laid back Kekaha and trading it for the loudness of the city.  It's ok,  I'm sure I'll like it there, but I know it's going to take me some time to get used to it.
 
I love you guys cya lata!

Elder Shoemaker

I love this place!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment