Monday, September 15, 2014

God placed us there for a reason

Area: Waipiolani Ward, Oahu
Companion: Elder Stulce

 Hey hows it going! Things over here are getting pretty dang good. But oohhh man its been really humid over hear lately.  Makes me miss the dry air back in Utah. 

This week was pretty eventful, even though my companion is kind of a silly guy, I still love him haha.  He just confuses words really bad and its the most entertaining thing in the world when we go tracting.  Its just kinda funny and he makes me smile.  We found like 6 new investigators this week! Which is pretty dang good!  We were just making contact with a lot of the former investigators that the missionaries in the past had taught. 

Tomorrow we are going to the temple so we get to drive all the way to La'ie which should be fun.  

Today we woke up at like 3:45am and we played murderer in the dark.  Mannn that was like the most fun that I have had in a long time.  We were just playing in the church. Its really scary at night/kinda freaky.  

We taught a less active guy this week named John.  We went with our Bishop.  We met him last week.  We were just walking and he called us over and he lived in the apartments that we had just visited but he was not on the ward list.  He said that he was trying to figure out a way to get in contact with the missionaries and that he wanted to become active again.  I told him that God put us in his way for a reason and that we would help on his road back to activity.  Bishop Goo came with us to his house.  He's a pretty nice guy and has one unbaptized kid 16 years old.  We have been able to work a lot better with the ward lately.  Our ward is a really good ward even though its one of the smallest wards in the stake.  

O ya I went to a garage sale the other day after we were done doing morning exercise and I was able to bargain myself a fishing pole, its pretty ok too!  So hopefully I will get to try it out soon.  I surprised myself because I remembered how to tie all the knots and figure it out and stuff.   We also found like 3 fans on the side of the road and like a couch a couple wheely chairs.   Man its been pretty hot here too. It makes you glad that you have air conditioning in your house.

I have pretty much had to teach gospel principles class like every Sunday since I  have been here, but its pretty fun. We got a new ward mission leader so things should be getting better.  We had dinner with the Tunupopo family this last Saturday at Ruby Tuesdays.  I havent eaten there in a long time so that was nice.  

I got a hair cut --- my hair was starting to get too long. One of the Samoan members in our ward gave me a hair cut. His name is Johnson and he's 18 -- straight from American Samoa.   He's a pretty cool guy. 

Well I'm getting kinda tired of typing on this key board and my arthritis is kicking in so I think that I'll just call it a day. ....haha  

Love Elder Shoemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment