Monday, January 14, 2013

Countdown Day 2

Monday, January 14, 2013

Can you say BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..... It's a little on the beyond freezing side in Cache Valley.  The low was -17 degrees. 


Monday morning started out fairly typical with the exception that our internet was slow to want to work.  I don't blame it with the temperatures we've been experiencing lately.  Did eventually receive our Monday morning letter from Elder Shoemaker...and after 6 months in his current area, he's being transferred to Utrecht Netherlands.  Good deal...and new adventures ahead for him.  It was time.

My dilemma of the day!  What is Tanner going to use at the MTC to keep warm!??  He doesn't need a coat in Hawaii!  I was thinking we'd be all good with sending him in his suit and the raincoat, however with the extreme temperatures lately I'm second guessing myself! Knowing Tanner like I do, he wouldn't wear it anyway.  He wears shorts all winter long!  Still.  It's the principle of the thing.  A Mom can't send her son without a coat!  Right? right.  But I'm not gunna send one with him.  I guess if I get a call from the MTC child protective services I'll go buy him a coat.

Today I received an email from a Mom, whose son is currently serving in Hawaii.  They are expecting 28 new missionaries this next transfer and half of them are young women!  That is Tanner's group!!!  Holy Cow!!!  How exciting.  The Lord is expediting His work.


So...to tell you the truth.  I haven't heard hide no hair from Tanner today.  It's almost 8pm and I haven't even seen the kid.  That's a typical day however.  He'll come prancing in the door like Tigger just before 10pm - maybe if were lucky.  That's my life with Tanner.   



HOWEVER, tomorrow is all mine!  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment