Saturday, January 12, 2013

Countdown Day 4

Saturday, January 12, 2013

This morning I started with a prayer in my heart, hearing the news of the passing of my Aunt Wilma. I have many fond memories of visiting her home as a young child, teenager and adult.  She was one classy women! I can only imagine the joyful reunion she is having on the other side seeing my grandparents, two of her siblings and other loved ones.    It was a bit of a tearful morning...I really did try to hold it together, but floods of memories kept creeping in and tears would flow.  Mixes these emotions with sending off a missionary just opens the flood gates.  Then a visit from a sister, tears.  Then a phone call from my Dad, tears.  Poor Matt, he was so patient with me.

Aunt Wilma, Uncle Bill, My Dad, Aunt Cleo  -- This picture was taken during a great family get away just over a year ago last Sept 2011.

My sisters and I with Aunt Wilma
The day did start out early.  We've gotta a couple of family and friends party's to prepare for today.   Most of the day was spent cleaning and doing a little re-arranging to accommodate a house full of thirty.  It's one thing to be able to feed thirty family members, it's another to be able to find a place for them all to sit!  I have a Father whose pretty set in his ways about having us all in the same room together.  Between Matt and myself, I think we did a pretty good job of figuring things out.

Tanner cleaned his ROOM!  Sorted through all his precious belongings and tucked them securely in boxes.  He did a great job and then was off to spend the rest of the afternoon with this friend Bryon to help set up their home for their party tonight.  Feeling pretty good about the progress we are making on his lists.  : )

 We enjoyed spending the evening at the Geddes home with Tanner and Bryon's friends and family.  They relaxed played games, chatted and snacked.  Good times had by all.



Tanner and Bryon

Lincoln, Tanner and Bryon -- All buddy buddy

The gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment